RSS

Saturday, July 21, 2012

P-A-D: Days 94 - 100, Third Week of July

Day 94: July 15, Mommy Has A Wicked Fever

Oy. I had forgotten how very much fevers can suck.



Day 95: July 16, Giggle Girl


The girl had a nice day with Grandma while I spent most of my time in bed sleeping off the last of the fever. I did manage to capture one of her silent giggle-grins, something I've been attempting for quite awhile. Her shoulders come up, her eyes squint, she gets a big thin-lipped grin, and there's a wiggle that could only be cuter if she had a little tail. One of these days I'll have to see about getting video.



Day 96: July 17, Red Elephant


Nothing much happened today since I was recovering from my fever. I believe this Onesie is inherited from cousin JR. Those cute little pants I found at Gymboree for 99¢ - you can't beat that!



Day 97: July 18, Koala Baby Organic


Babies R Us has a clothing line, Koala Baby Organic, that makes the cutest clothes. Complaints: it's more expensive, I can't always find what I want in her size, they don't sell the brand on their website as far as I can tell. This particular print I am very much in love with, so at their recent 50% off of all Clearance baby clothes sale, I bought every single scrap I could find. My hope is to use it all to make a peasant skirt for her. You know, once I re-learn to use a sewing machine. And buy a sewing machine. The likelihood that I learn/buy/get comfortable with a sewing machine in time to make her something she can actually wear before I need more fabric than I have: slim to none. Hmmm... I was thinking patchwork anyway, so I can make up the difference with another fabric. Right?



Day 98: July 19, Mixed Feelings About Tummy Time


I couldn't limit this to just one image because looking at these together tells the perfect story of where the girl is with Tummy Time lately: first she's upset, then she's cooing at some toy. She's practically schizophrenic about it. Actually, I'm surprised she's smiling while lifting her head, because that's the part she hates the most - she hates the effort. I think she's inherited her mother's allergy to exercise. I can already hear the whining and complaining about PE we will be in store for...



Day 99: July 20, Tracksuit from Grandma


Visiting Grandma Thursday, she asked if the girl could fit into this track suit outfit yet. I'm glad she did - I might have forgotten it hanging in the closet while she outgrew it! It is absolutely adorable, with a white teddy bear bundled for cold weather on one side, and a little penguin with a sled and some hearts on the other. She refused to move her arm from blocking the bear's face though. :( That angelic look on her face made it all worth it!



Day 100: July 21, Resting On Her Laurels


I looked over at her asleep on Daddy's chest, and it looked like she had a floral crown on her head. Have I used the word adorable enough in this blog?



No comments:

Post a Comment