RSS

Thursday, July 26, 2012

P-A-D: Day 103, Gaming with Baby

Do not be fooled by the title of this post, there is no dungeon master (other than Kai), no orcs to be slain (maybe a demon...?), nor any mission to accomplish (other than the game itself). No, this is about Kai's favorite new game: Keep the Bottle in the Baby's Mouth. I think she probably calls it "Frustrate Mommy and Daddy to Tears". Seriously, she's been doing this almost every feeding for two weeks now: shaking her head and otherwise making it impossible to either put the bottle in her mouth or keep it there. The worst is when she cries and you think she's in pain for some reason. I have been searching for signs of a tooth since Monday, but nothing. So, the frustration continues, with no real way for us to increase our odds of winning. We each have tried various techniques. Eric's favorite is to change position - from this one he can at least hold her arms so she can't shove the bottle away. My stand-by technique is to spend my time imagining swaddling her before every meal and convincing myself this does not make me a bad mommy for wanting to do it so badly...

No comments:

Post a Comment