RSS

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Photo-A-Day Challenge: A Year of Kailea in Pictures

I've decided to set a challenge for myself: to take at least one photo of Kailea every day for her first year of life. Sadly, there are two days missing there at the beginning, but no one can fault me for being a little too doped up after major abdominal surgery to keep track of stuff like that! Also, I'm not convinced that some of the photos I have aren't from those days, and that they've just been tagged improperly when shared by others. I need to find the time to sift through the metadata of all the photos that have been shared with me from those first days to see if any of them are indeed from those two missing days.

Until then, I'm content that I've uploaded Kailea's first two week's in photos via the previous two posts. So now I can start posting one per day.

So here we have April 27, Kailea's 15th day of life, where she was re-introduced to Nurse Becky.




I have huge heaps of gratitude for Nurse Becky, as her diligence in monitoring little Kailea's non-stress test results that fateful day quite possibly saved our little girl's life. Everyone wanted to send me home. I wanted to go home. Kailea just wanted to continue stewing inside of me. But Nurse Becky kept coming back to dote on me and check the monitors, still not convinced that everything was completely kosher. As it happened, a weak contraction was all it took to plummet Kailea's heart rate dangerously low because her embilical cord was wrapped around her neck.

So thank you, Nurse Becky.  Another nurse took over monitoring at one point, my OB actually lifted Kailea from my womb, an amazing anaesthesiologist doped me up really well, and a whole team of amazing medical staff made my entire stay at Northwest Hospital and Medical Center as comfortable as possible. Certainly more than I had expected! But it's Nurse Becky that I credit most with sticking by me and my baby, making sure we indeed were united as Mother and Daughter outside the womb. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment