RSS

Monday, December 24, 2012

P-A-D: Days 156 - 171, 2nd Half of September

Day 156: September 15, Our Big Eared Munchkin


I never noticed before, but are Kai's ears a little... overly prominent? I'm sure her lack of any real hair has something to do with it.



Day 157: September 16, missed it



Day 158: September 17, We Like Purple


Not too matchy-matchy, but just right.



Day 159: September 18, Sharing with Cousin JR


Aunt Heidi and Cousin JR came over to visit, two of Kailea's favorite people! JR is of an age where sharing is not a new concept, but it's still not an easy thing to do willingly. Here is JR spontaneously handing Kai her Sophie.



Day 160: September 19, She's Outgrowing Everything!


Here 3 Month clothes are finally fitting right, but watching her grow out of her 3 Months stuff was kind of sad. Here she is barely fitting in her co-sleeper. Now that she's too old for it, I thought it might make a good nap station for the living room. But that's not going to last much longer either!



Day 161: September 20, Shaka Brah


She seems to be a little confused on the proper placement of the fingers, but I think she'll get it eventually. But there is no way am I teaching her Pidgin. I sound like a moron when I try. I'll have to leave that up to her Aunt and Uncles.



Day 162: September 21, Nomnomnom


Those rings certainly look delicious, don't they?



Day 163: September 22, Giggle Girl


Kailea has got to be one of the happiest babies on the planet. She smiles at everyone. And now she's got a giggle to go with it!



Day 164: September 23, We're Sweet on Pooh


My sweet girl, looking adorable in her Pooh dress. Any idea how many shots it took to get that Pooh on her dress to stay visible and keep her looking at the camera? Finally, my patience was rewarded with a smile to top it all off! Seriously though, who designs baby dresses with the applique so far from the middle that you practically have to turn the baby over on her side to get it in the shot? Sadists, that's who.



Day 165: September 24, O-o-o-h Lights!


Yet another turtle for my honu girl. This one lights up! I think we may have to aquire more toys with lights.



Day 166: September 25, My Little Elf


It didn't look Christmassy hanging in the store, but once I put the matching cap on her head and noticed it making her ears stick out, I realized she looked like a little Elf. This shot with her tongue sticking out just cements the idea for me.



Day 167: September 26, missed it



Day 168: September 27, missed it



Day 169: September 28, First Food = Oatmeal!


Hey Mikey, she likes it! Today we had our first solid food*, baby oatmeal, and it was a hit! She seemed to find the entire process really fun, smiling and giggling and enjoying herself the whole time. Success!!! *Please ignore the flirtation with yogurt a month ago when she was sick...



Day 170: September 29, Jennings Park Picture Day


Today we had some professional photos taken at Jennings Park in Marysville. Doesn't she look adorable in that outfit? And both her socks are still on! The sun was out and Fall seemed a world away, so we made an extended day of it. We stopped over for a quick visit with Aunt Heidi and Cousin JR, then headed out to Granite Falls for a little walk and nature appreciation. The day kind of went downhill when we sat down to have dinner at a little Greek place and Kai had her first public diaper blowout. While all of her gear was still in the car. I kept my cool, walked her back while holding her very carefully, changed her in the trunk, and then changed my shirt right there on main street because I managed to get poo on myself. What a day!



Day 171: September 30, Please Sir, I'd like Some More


Yep, the girl still likes her oatmeal!

No comments:

Post a Comment