RSS

Saturday, June 2, 2012

P-A-D: Days 42 - 49, End of May

Once again, I've let the days pile up between blogs. As mentioned in my previous post, my blog is suffering from my sleep deprivation. I even missed a photo: May 27. >.< C'est la vie.

Day 42: May 24, Tummy Time


Kailea does not enjoy Tummy Time. She began screaming about 30 seconds after this picture was taken. So much for 30 minutes a day...



Day 43: May 25, Exploding Bag of Hand-Me-Downs


Eric has been coming home from game nights with treats since the baby was born, and this time an overly-full bag of hand-me-down baby clothes was included in the gifting. The bag almost immediately tipped over to spill its contents on the table, which I thought would make for an interesting photo-op. Thank you Horstmanhof family!



Day 44: May 26, Girl asleep... finally!


Sometimes the girl cries uncontrollably, and there's not much reason to it, so there's not much you can do to fix it. We each have our own secret weapon for just such an occasion, which works... about 90% of the time. Eric's is the chest nap.



Day 45: May 27, *sniff* missed it *sniff*



Day 46: May 28, Cousins!


Getting cousin J.R. to interact with Kailea was a little easier this time around. Getting him to participate in a group photo, not so much. Good thing he didn't see me there with my camera! Cousin Ashley looks as charming as always.



Day 47: May 29, My Secret Weapon


Similar in style and effectiveness to Eric's chest nap is my tuck-and-cuddle. The girl finds it very soothing to be hugged against me with her arms trapped, just like a swaddle, but allowing for more skin-to-skin contact.



Day 48: May 30, Tummy Time Augmentation


This is a Boppy product, a little pillow to help prop her up to give her a little extra advantage in her fight to keep her head up. I think it works because she can see more this way, as her head doesn't have to lay on one side or the other. Her neck muscles are just fine, as she proves on a regular basis when pushing away from us during hugs. We are just having a hard time convincing her to duplicate this while she's on her tummy.



Day 49: May 31, Cradle 'n Swing


Since she officially hates her bouncer but finds being rocked in her car carrier... agreeable, I thought she might appreciate a swing. The first try didn't go so well, although she did seem fascinated by the mirror ball above her. I think it rocks too fast for her, quite possibly making her queasy, as she started looking like she was having difficulty holding down her foods. The feature I like best about this swing is that you can position it to swing 3 different ways: facing left or right for a front-to-back swing, or facing forward for side-to-side cradle action. I thought the front-to-back swinging would be her thing because it's the same movement she gets when we rock her in the carrier, but she seems to (slightly) prefer the swing rocking side-to-side. She actually fell asleep for a few minutes. Thank you Fisher-Price!

No comments:

Post a Comment