RSS

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

34 Days to Go: Spoke Too Soon

So there I was, ready to use my last 7 weeks to put together the nursery, organize the house, clean, blog regularly, get out to see people, and generally re-join the land of the living. Ha! Enter: the return of Morning Sickness. Dun-dun-DUN! Yes, all my lovely plans were done.

By this past Saturday, my weight was back in the negative column. I somehow managed to scrape myself up off the floor, get cleaned up, and head over to Port Orchard for the Baby Shower. When I arrived, I was still wondering how on earth I was going to survive the next few hours, but by the time the games started, I was feeling much better. I actually had a great time, getting to see so many people that the pregnancy and distance had kept from me. Opening presents was fun and eating cupcakes was nice, but the best part was definitely being able to socialize.

In fact, I felt so much better, my neice's suggestion of dinner at the local Chinese buffet was instantly seconded by me, much to my husband's amazement. No one was more surprised by that than me... well, my stomach any way. I paid for that decision later that night and into the next morning.

Sunday and yesterday were just kind of hit-and-miss. Once again, I'm back to enduring my body changing mood hourly. Not fun.

The baby seems to be doing just fine - if you count spending all her time trying to press her entire body against and through my stomach as fine. She certainly doesn't seem too small anymore! Turns out she is in the breach position though, so there is another concern to hope corrects itself in the next few weeks.

More on the baby shower next time, when I have more pictures to share. Here's one with my Mom and my Sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment