RSS

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Halfway There!

Previously Unposted from December 4, 2011

We're halfway there! Yesterday marked 133 days under my belt, 133 days to go. Whoot!

Yesterday we celebrated with a leisurely drive to Lake Stevens and then Snohomish, where we had a lovely brunch before doing some furniture shopping. We visited both buildings of the new Washington Public Market, which is hosting a great sale of bankruptcy liquidated furniture. It's also an amazing venue for anyone looking for a new spot to sell their wares at small markets. The enormous wine tasting area and cafe looked great, but alas we are not wine drinkers!

We also went to Lynnwood and hit 3 furniture stores there, but in the end we believe we've found the crucial piece we've been searching for at that sale in Snohomish. I'm just not relishing heading back there to make the purchase. The day was topped off by some incredible butter chicken at the Saffron Grill. I'm so glad we finally decided to try this place.

The surprising part about yesterday was how much I ate, since my stomach was being... wonky off and on all day. I woke up feeling 100% yesterday, did pretty well on the drive, and personally picked out the restaurant for breakfast because I was so excited to finally have eggs benedict again! The moment we opened our menus, I realized there was no way in hell I could eat that. In fact, everything on the menu sounded like a sure-fire way to send me running to the bathroom to hurl after a single bite.

The strange part was how I still wanted so very badly to have it, my mouth watering, while my stomach insisted I would regret it within moments. Brain and taste buds and stomach finally agreed that 2 slices of French Toast would probably be ok. The maple syrup was divine! And then I finally broke down and had a bite of Eric's eggs benedict, which he ordered just in case I changed my mind, and I had to refrain myself from wiping his plate clean of every last drop of sauce. A good hollandaise sauce is so hard to find, and there's was perfect!

And I didn't have to run to the potty or use my air sickness bag! The day continued in much the same way, wheeling unexpectedly between well and nauseated. So dinner was definitely a pleasant surprise!

Not that it should have been. This is what 2nd Trimester has been like so far. Bouncing from nauseated to starving on a whim. There have still been plenty of cases of feeling both at the same time, which is about the worst possible feeling ever. The result is that despite more time feeling well, I'm spending just about the same amount of days cooped up at home waiting to vomit. Which is in itself interesting because it's been, drumroll please, over a week since my last "episode".

It's just hard to be excited when my stomach sends me different signals minute by minute. >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment