RSS

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Congratulations, you're having a blob!

We had a follow-up ultrasound today, and what a difference 7 days makes! The keiki is at 150 BPM and "looks perfect". The yolk sac looks good and the developing placenta is visible (trusting My Doctor's eyesight on that one). We definitely saw the heart beating today. Other than that, it's just a lumpy blob.

In the last frame that she froze to print a picture for us, keiki looked a bit like a a running figure. Kind of like the Kozmo mascot, sans disembodied head. Once it was printed however, the much smaller image just looked like a lumpy "^". After a few minutes, the blob transformed into a waving ghost with the body of a genie, then a smiley-faced stubby dolphin, then the head of a seahorse.

I would post a picture, but my new scanner scares me.

My Doctor says we should be in the clear. *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment